The liver is an organ of the digestive system that aids digestion and performs a variety of other vital functions. When liver cells are attacked by a disease-causing microbe or drug, a reaction called inflammation occurs. An inflamed liver is bad for your sleep and joints!
Functions of Liver
The functions include the processing of bile, which aids in the following:
- the breakdown of food into energy
- the production of essential substances such as hormones
- the removal of toxins from the blood
- the regulation of fat storage
- cholesterol formation and release
Serious Effects of Sleeping Patterns on Your Liver
It is critical to try to nurture your liver, particularly if you want to take care of your sleeping habits! Serious liver conditions, such as cirrhosis and fatty liver disease, are often related to sleep disruption.
Benefits of Quality Sleeping
Getting enough and decent quality sleep recharges the body and mind. Some of the advantages of sleeping include:
- strengthening your immune system
- lowering your chances of developing severe medical problems
- aiding in the maintenance of balanced body weight
- reduce depression and boost mood
- allowing you to concentrate and dream more creatively
- improving relationships, you can find that you are more patient after a good night’s sleep
Improve The Quality of Your Sleep
Every night, each of us needs a certain amount of sleep, which is normally between 7 and 9 hours for adults. Here are few suggestions to improve the quality of your sleep:
- experts can assess sleep issues and make the appropriate suggestions
- switch off all mobile equipment a few hours before going to bed
- try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every morning
- get your sleeping environment as comfortable as possible
- try to exercise daily
- if you nap, do so early in the day and for a brief period
- use a low-watt lamp to read before bedtime.
- avoid eating a few hours before going to bed
- before going to bed, take a hot bath or shower
- if you need sleep aids, consult your holistic doctor in establishing a healthy sleep schedule and supportive whole food supplements
How Joint Pain & Liver Go Hand in Hand
Joint pain is also interrelated to Liver inflammation. It can range from slightly irritating to immobilizing. Joint pain could go away after a few hours, or it could last for several weeks or even months.
Minor joint pain and swelling could harm your quality of life. Whatever the source of joint pain, it could be helpful to utilize holistic whole food supplements, a clean diet, and chiropractic.
Deteriorating Solutions for Joint Pain
There are holistic options that can help heal and support your body and then there are deteriorating medications. Some medications can sometimes cover up the pain while possibly causing more harm to internal organs. These over the counter, potentially deteriorating anti- inflammatory, medications can include:
- Aleve, Naproxen sodium, can be used to treat moderate-to-severe joint pain with swelling.
- Capsaicin, a compound found in chili peppers, can help alleviate joint pain caused by arthritis and other conditions.
- If oral or topical drugs do not relieve joint pain, the doctor may inject a steroid injection directly into the joint every three to four months.
Supportive Holistic Solutions for Joint Pain
- Chiropractic Care: Working with a chiropractor can help correct the body’s alignment, leading to reduced pain and increased physical function of your body. For example:
- Soft tissue therapy
- Joint bracing/taping
- Exercises and stretches
- Nutritional guidance
- Physical Therapy: Working with a physical therapist will help you reinforce the muscles surrounding the joint, relax them, and increase your range of motion.
- hot or cold treatment
- electrical nerve stimulation
- manipulation can be used by the therapist
- Home Care: Short-term joint pain can be relieved at home using a few basic procedures.
- Use a wrap to protect and support the joint
- Rest the joint to stop doing something that causes you harm
- Several times a day, ice the joint for about 15 minutes
- Wrap an elastic bandage over the joint to compress it
- Elevate the joint above the heart level
- Applying ice to sore joints can help ease discomfort and inflammation.
- Use a heating pad or wrap several times a day to relieve muscle spasms around joints.
Support your liver holistically by learning more about whole food supplements. Supplements can help aid in sleep quality, joint health, and overall body function.
Follow Dr. Bob Bacon to learn more about chiropractics and supplement support on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube, @DrBobBacon.