1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
1 teaspoon sumac (look for sumac in spice aisle of specialty food store or Middle Eastern markets)
⅛ to ¼ teaspoon cayenne
¾ teaspoon salt
1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Prepare grill for high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together thyme, sumac, cayenne and salt.
- Trim off the stems on the end of the okra pods (optional.)
- In a large bowl, drizzle olive oil over the okra and use your hands to toss until the okra is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the seasoning blend over the okra, tossing the okra with your hands again to evenly coat.
- Put the okra in a grilling basket or skewer the pods to keep them from falling through the grill grates.
- Grill the okra, uncovered, until cooked, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Serves 2-4 as snack or appetizer
Inspired by www.marksdailyapple.com