Ingredients for Main Dish
8 eggs (4 poached eggs, plus 4 egg yolks to make the sauce)
2 raw sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into ½” cubes
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
4 pre-cooked sausage links, sliced lengthwise
1 cup arugula
Salt and pepper
Ingredients for Hollandaise Sauce
4 egg yolks
1 Tbsp lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ cup ghee (warmed)
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Poach 4 of the eggs and set aside. If they need to be rewarmed before serving, simply put back in the pan of hot water for a minute or two.
3. Peel the raw sweet potatoes and chop into bite-sized pieces.
4. Cut red onion into small wedges.
5. Mince or press 1 clove of garlic.
6. Split 4 links of pre-cooked sausage lengthwise.
7. Toss the potatoes, onion, garlic, and sausage together with 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil to coat.
8. Spread out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with any other herbs or seasonings of your choice.
9. Place in oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
10. While potato mixture is baking, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne until slightly thickened.
11. Place mixture in a blender or food processor. Blend while slowly drizzling in the warmed ghee. Taste, and add more seasoning if needed.
12. On each serving plate, slice ¼ avocado off to the side and top with a small amount of arugula.
13. To serve, place sweet potato mixture on a plate. Criss-cross a split sausage link on top. Place poached egg on top of the sausage. Dribble warm hollandaise sauce over everything and sprinkle with fresh chopped chives.
Inspired by Paleo Newbie