3 chicken breasts
8 oz bag of fresh spinach (can substitute with frozen spinach)
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
4 oz cream cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
extra salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the spinach and use a wooden spoon and gently stir for 2-3 minutes until wilted. If the pan is too small to hold all the spinach, start with half a bag, allow it to wilt, and add the remaining spinach.
3. Once all the spinach has wilted, remove from heat and spoon into a colander. Press out as much of the excess liquid as possible.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, add the cooked spinach, feta, cream cheese, garlic and salt.
5. Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Use a large, flat spatula to press down on the top of the chicken breast and use your other hand to insert a knife into the thickest side of the chicken. Cut a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through the other side and stopping before you get to the end of the chicken (creating a pocket, not a flap).
5. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
6. Place about a ½ cup of the spinach cheese mixture into each chicken pocket.
7. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan (preferably oven-safe) on medium-high heat. After the pan is heated through, add the chicken breasts – top side down. Allow to cook for 5 minutes without touching.
If you used an oven-safe pan, simply place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until chicken has cooked through. If not using an oven-safe pan, simply transfer the chicken breasts to an oven-safe dish and bake. If your chicken breasts are quite large – they will need the full 15 minutes.
8. Once the chicken is completely cooked, remove from pan or oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
9. Enjoy, and serve!
Inspired by: https://www.thecentsableshoppin.com/keto-spinach-feta-stuffed-chicken/