1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 cups vegetable broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 T olive oil, divided
¼ cup sliced shallots
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 T apple cider vinegar
1 T maple syrup or honey, or to taste
1 ⅓ cup blueberries, divided
5 ounces baby arugula
1 cup corn kernels
½ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Combine quinoa, broth, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until all liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff grains with a fork; set aside to cool.
- Heat 1 T oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook shallots and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Combine shallot-garlic mixture, remaining oil, vinegar, syrup or honey, and ⅓ cup blueberries in a blender; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together quinoa, remaining blueberries, arugula, corn, feta, and basil.
- Drizzle with dressing before serving.
Serves: 6 to 8
Inspired by pccmarkets.com/recipe/blueberry-quinoa-salad/