1/2 cup semi-pearled farro (Note: contains gluten)
1 large egg yolk
3 drained oil-packed anchovy fillets
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar or honey granules
2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, peeled, divided
1/4 cup avocado or grapeseed oil
6 teaspoon olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced, rinsed, patted dry
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 head broccoli, stem peeled and trimmed, very thinly sliced lengthwise on a mandolin
1 Persian cucumber, sliced 1/4 -inch thick
2 Fresno chiles, thinly sliced
1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
5 radishes, thinly sliced
1 cup mint leaves
2 oz. young Pecorino, shaved
1. Pulse farro in a food processor until half of the grains are cracked.
2. Cook farro in a medium pot of boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes, or until al dente.
3. Drain and rinse under cold water. Spread on a cold plate and chill.
4. Blend egg yolk, anchovies, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and 1 garlic clove in a blender.
5. Gradually stream in grape seed oil and 4 Tbsp. olive oil until dressing emulsified and creamy, then add oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Toss broccoli and remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large bowl. Finely grate the remaining garlic clove and toss with broccoli. Let sit for 15 minutes.
6. Add onion, cucumber, chiles, sun-dried tomatoes, and cooled farro. Then add dressing according to taste and toss gently. Add mint and toss again.
7. Serve salad topped with radishes and Pecorino. Enjoy!
Inspired by www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/cracked-farro-and-broccoli-salad