¼ cup tangerine juice
2 tsp. tangerine zest
2 Tbsp. Champagne or white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. minced shallots
1/4 cup tangerine juice
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper
4 cups romaine or other green-leafy lettuce
4 cups arugula
3 tangerines, segmented
1/2 cup pitted mixed olives
Pinch of ground coriander
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 Tbsp. avocado oil or other high-heat oil
Shaved Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- In a bowl, combine tangerine juice, zest, vinegar, mustard and shallots. Slowly drizzle in oil while whisking to create an emulsified vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Combine romaine, arugula, tangerine segments and olives, tossing gently. Place in single servings on each plate.
- Rinse and pat scallops dry; season with coriander, salt and pepper.
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add butter and oil. Carefully place scallops in the pan and sear until golden on one side, 1 ½ to 3 minutes. Gently flip scallops and cook for an additional 30 to 90 seconds, depending on size. Keep warm while assembling the salad.
- Place warm scallops on top of salad. Drizzle with reserved vinaigrette and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Serves 4 to 6
Inspired by www.pccmarkets.com/recipe