Six tablets per day, or as directed. Store in a cool, dark place.
Nutrients & Ingredients
Each Serving Size (6 Tablets) contains: Calories 20, Total Fat 0.5 g, Total Carbohydrate 4 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars <1 g, Protein <1 g, Vitamin K1 36 mcg, Calcium 20 mg, Iron 6 mg, Phosphorus 30 mg, Magnesium 70 mg, Potassium 380 mg. Proprietary Blend 5.8 g: Organic buckwheat (aerial parts) juice powder and organic swiss chard juice powder. Other Ingredients: Organic rice (hull) concentrate, organic rice extract, organic rice hulls, organic arabic gum, and organic sunflower oil.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
*These claims/statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
About E-Z Mg™
E-Z Mg is a plant-based, organic magnesium (Mg) supplement developed to support patients with inadequate dietary magnesium intake.*
- Essential for central nervous system health*
- Helps to bridge the gap in dietary magnesium intake*
- Plant-based and considered ideal as a naturally-occurring magnesium, as it consists of a collection of various magnesium forms
- Magnesium is involved in sleep pathways that support brain homeostatic sleep processes.
- Vegan and USDA organic magnesium supplement
- Excellent source of vitamin K1 and iron
- Good source of magnesium*
E-Z Mg is made from two key ingredients – Swiss chard (beet leaf) and buckwheat – both grown on our sustainable and certified organic farm in Wisconsin. These plants, high in magnesium, contribute to the multiple forms of magnesium available in E-Z Mg, helping take the guesswork out of which kind of magnesium to take.
The naturally-occurring magnesium in E-Z Mg is not expected to contribute to gastrointestinal side effects that are common in other forms of magnesium supplements.
What is the Benefit of Multiform Magnesium (Mg)?
The best source of magnesium is naturally-occurring and obtained from the diet. Various forms of magnesium make use of different uptake sites in the gut1 with 40% of magnesium absorption taking place throughout the intestines.2
Plant-based magnesium, like that found in E-Z Mg, is considered ideal as it consists of a collection of various magnesium forms. Since plant-based magnesium contains multiple forms, it helps take the guesswork out of which kind of magnesium to take.
The plant-based magnesium in E-Z Mg may be absorbed by the body the way nature intended.
Why is There a Gap in Dietary Magnesium Intake?
The Standard American Diet (SAD) is high in processed foods and carbohydrates, low in vitamins and minerals. This inadequate daily intake of plant materials helps contribute to magnesium deficiency in more than 50% of the population. 3,4 Data also suggest that produce – especially vegetables – has experienced a decline in mineral content over the last century.5
Signs of low magnesium may include^:
- Mild headaches
- Brain fog
- Muscle twitches
- Muscle weakness
- Mood change
- Concern with glucose management difficulties
^E-Z Mg may not address these concerns and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
E-Z Mg consists of extracts of two key ingredients: organic dried Swiss chard (beet leaf) juice and organic dried buckwheat (aerial parts) juice delivering 70 mg of elemental magnesium. The 70 mg of magnesium (approximately 17% of the RDI) would be sufficient to bridge the magnesium dietary intake gap for around 70% of the population. The remaining 30% (composed of individuals at the lowest end of dietary magnesium intake) are advised to increase their intake of plant-based diet along with E-Z Mg.
A Higher Standard of Support
A recent animal study has shown that E-Z Mg is able to elevate free ionic Mg in the cerebrospinal fluid following 14 days of oral supplementation.6
**Indicates a significant difference from control on day 15, p < 0.05. Data presented as mean ±SEM
- Schuette, S. A. L. M., Bret A.; Janhorbani PhD, Morteza, Journal of Parenternal and Enteral Nutrition 1994, 18 (5).
- McCarthy, J. T. K., R., Divalent Cation Metabolism. 2004; Vol. 1, p 4.
- Rosanoff, A., Plant and Soil 2013, 368 (1-2), 139-153.
- Moshfegh, A. G., Joeseph; Ahuja, Jaspreet; Rhodes, Donna; LaComb, Randy,. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agriculture Research Service 2009.
- Davis, D. R., HortScience 2009, 44 (1).
- Bassem F. El-Khodor, Karma James, Qing Chang, Wei Zhang, Yvette R. Loiselle, Chinmayee Panda & Taleen Hanania (2021) Nutritional Neuroscience, DOI: 10.1080/1028415X.2021.1995119