1/4 cup chia seeds
1 2/3 cup water
2 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Celtic sea salt
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup sunflower seeds (for topping)
- Mix chia seeds with 1 cup of water and set aside for 20 minutes or until mixture forms a jelly consistency.
- Preheat oven to 355 F. Lightly grease a 8×3-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. (If you use a wider loaf pan, your bread will be flatter)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together buckwheat flour, baking powder and salt. Then add the remaining 2/3 cup water, coconut oil and chia seed mixture. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Transfer sticky dough into prepared loaf pan, smoothing out evenly. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Slice and enjoy!
Makes 12 slices
Inspired by Bianca Zapatka