1/2 cup buckwheat groats
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
1 cup cucumber, chopped
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
1 yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
Juice of one lemon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a saucepan, bring buckwheat and water to a boil
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer about 20 minutes
- Remove from heat and let stand covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
- In a salad bowl, combine buckwheat with tomato, cucumber, olives, and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and oregano.
- Pour dressing onto salad and toss to combine.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Inspired by The Food Blog