1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
2 large carrots, shredded
¼ cup maple syrup
2 T. lime juice
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup chopped toasted almonds
1 pound Brussel sprouts, trimmed and finely grated
¼ cup currants
¼ cup rice vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1. In a large bowl combine kale, Brussel sprouts, carrots and currant.
2. In a small bowl whisk together syrup, vinegar, lime juice salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in sesame oil to emulsify.
3. Pour dressing over kale mixture and mix well.
4. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes to let dressing soften the kale and Brussel sprouts.
5. Mix again, then sprinkle with almonds before serving.
Inspired by www.pccmarkets.com/recipe