2lbs boneless beef loin
2-3 Tbsp olive oil, for browning
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
1 cup chopped red onion
1 bell pepper, diced, seeds removed
Chopped green onion
Cooked brown rice
Optional slurry to thicken
1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
2 Tbsp cold water
16 oz can of crushed pineapple
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup coconut aminos
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- Drain the pineapple, and reserve the juice.
- Whisk together pineapple juice, vinegar, coconut aminos, garlic, ginger, and honey to make sweet and sour sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Add oil to a medium skillet on medium high heat. Lightly sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Brown on both sides for about 3-4 minutes total.
- Place the browned meat in the slow cooker, and sprinkle red crushed pepper on top.
- Add the chopped onion and sweet and sour sauce to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours. After the meat is cooked, mix in crushed pineapple and chopped bell pepper; cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Top with chopped green onion and serve over brown rice. Enjoy!
Inspired by https://www.cottercrunch.com/crock-pot-sweet-and-sour-hawaiian-beef-recipe-paleo/