2 medium zucchini
1 teaspoon salt
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup almond flour (optional)
½ teaspoon baking powder
Coconut oil or clarified butter, for cooking
1. Begin by using a large-scale grater to grate your zucchini. You want to avoid creating small, thin strands, as the zucchini may get mushy upon frying.
2. Once grated, place in a bowl and toss in the salt. Allow the zucchini to stay in the salt for at least 10 minutes. Then, extract any excess water from the zucchini. The easiest way to do this is to place the zucchini in a large piece of cheesecloth and wring it out.
3. Return the zucchini to a large bowl and combine with green onions, garlic, egg, baking powder, and almond flour (optional).
4. Form cakes of about 2 to 2.5″ in diameter out of the mixture.
5. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add some of your chosen cooking fat to the pan, just enough to coat the surface of the skillet.
6. Place the zucchini cakes in the pan. Allow them to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, just enough so that they are crispy and golden brown. Enjoy!
Inspired by https://paleoleap.com/zucchini-cakes/