The days are getting shorter, and the air feels extra chilly. It’s no secret that winter is here in full force. But just because you’ve swapped your flip-flops for a winter coat doesn’t mean you have to hibernate until spring. You can enjoy the season to its fullest with this step-by-step guide to creating that perfectly cozy, special winter day.
Step 1: Pick Your Activity
Do you want to bundle up and head outside? Or would you rather stay home and curl up under a pile of soft blankets? Once you choose where you want to spend your cozy day, you can pick the activity that sounds the best. Is it…
- A brisk hike along a local nature trail?
- Cracking open a fictional novel?
- Spending the afternoon binging on Netflix?
Remember, your perfect winter day is all about feeling warm and cozy, so choose something that is enjoyable and will relax your mind and body.
Step 2: Dress for the Occasion
What’s a comfy day without a cozy outfit?
If you’re staying home, put on your favorite sweatshirt or soft pajamas. Don’t forget your fuzzy slippers!
And if you’re heading out, don’t forget some gloves and a scarf. You may want to opt for layers rather than one big heavy sweatshirt. Here’s how to do it:
- Wear a thin inner layer to help pull away moisture from your body.
- Add a middle layer to keep you warm.
- Top it off with an outer layer to buffer you against the wind or snow.
The best part about layers is that if you get too hot, you can pull off that outer layer and still have enough clothing to protect you from the chill.
Step 3: Pour Yourself a Hot Drink
Winter was made for piping hot mugs of cocoa or cider. But if you’re looking for a more health-conscious option, consider one of these delicious options instead:
- Healthy Hot Chocolate – This non-dairy treat only has six ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to whip up! (If you’re a dairy fan, swap out the almond milk in this recipe with the same amount of raw milk.)
- Chai Tea Latte – Enjoy a warm cup in the morning or for an afternoon pick-me-up.
- Ginger Tea – Give your immune system a boost with a powerful cup of ginger tea. Ginger is full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Plus, it may help lower your blood sugar and treat indigestion. (This makes it a perfect addition to your diet during the holidays!)
And while you’re at it, treat yourself to a bowl full of savory soup. We personally love a mouth-watering butternut squash soup, like this, or a hot stew such as this winter lentil one. Soups and stews are great when you’re on-the-go so be sure to fill up your mug before you head out!
Design Your Cozy Winter Day
This year has definitely been one for the books. And it’s high time for you to dedicate a day for some much-needed self care. The holidays are right around the corner and with all the hustle and bustle, it’s easy to overlook the importance of self care.
Remember that at the heart of your perfectly cozy day is you. So, take a few moments to plan out your perfect winter day and enjoy every moment. You deserve it!