2 cans of full-fat coconut milk, chilled in fridge
3 probiotic capsules (30 billion active cultures)
- Open cans of coconut milk and scoop out the solid contents into a clean mixing bowl (make sure bowl is large enough for the coconut milk to double in size, as it will expand). Reserve coconut water in can for later.
- Open probiotic capsules over the bowl and added powdered contents to coconut milk. Using a wooden spoon stir together to combine.
- Stir the coconut yogurt into a smooth consistency, breaking up any clumps with your spoon. It is ok if it is not completely smooth as it will get smoother as the yogurt warms and ferments.
- Cover the bowl with cheesecloth, clean dish tower, or bees wrap and secure with a rubber band. Leave bowl in a warm, draft free area (like your oven turned off) for 24-48 hours. The longer you wait, the tangier it becomes. Check on it occasionally, stirring and breaking up any clumps with a wooden spoon.
- When your yogurt has reached desired tanginess, place it in the fridge to chill. If it is too thick when chilled, add splashes of the reserved coconut water to thin until you have reached desired consistency.
- Add desired toppings such as fruit, nuts or a drizzle of maple syrup or honey to sweeten.
Recipe from: https://www.twospoons.ca/how-to-make-easy-coconut-yogurt/